As the cost of fashion rockets, let us at Sissify share Our top tips on the best ways of keeping up with the latest trends, without needing to tighten your belt.
We understand it’s tough trying to live and maintain two wardrobes but making the most of your clothes for your money doesn’t need to be a daunting task.
Don’t let your finances leave you in a jumble, you can still find affordable, fashionable, clothing during these hard times and a wardrobe disaster can be avoided with just a few simple pointers.
- Buy the best you can afford – Opting for cheap rags could end up being a costly mistake. Cheap tat loses its colour and shape after only a few washes so instead of Wal-Mart think Chanel.
- Budget – Yawn. We know how you love to shop but be careful with your dollars. Budgeting for a more expensive, gobsmackingly gorgeous dress can often be more cost-effective in the long run, while ensuring the end result is more pleasing on the eye. Too right!
- Buy classic pieces – Don’t feel you have to go to the Mall every time some fashion guru announces a new trend. Buy the classics which are timeless and will last season after season. And if you’re an adventurous sissy these can be updated each season with additional accessories such as jewellery, bags, belts, shoes, hats and scarves.
- Wrap it in a Scarf – You can pick up scarves of all kinds of prices and shapes, and there are so many different ways to tie them. If you have some tawdry rag that fits you like a glove but feels so last season – drape it with a scarf.
- Ask for help – Now this might be a challenge for you self conscious sissies but an excellent exercise in itself. Most quality stores have a fashion advisor. It may not be in your nature to ask for assistance but this is your perfect excuse to show your femininity. A good advisor will help you spend your money wisely and can instantly asses what is needed to make you look fabulous, by taking into account factors such as body shape (beer belly) and lifestyle (trucker).
- Don’t impulse buy – We bet you have a wardrobe of ‘never worn’ high heels that where on offer and you couldn’t resist a bargain. Don’t go there, it’s a bad habit best avoided as it more often leads to you having to face the consequences of buying clothes of the wrong size, shape or colour to complement the rest of your wardrobe.
- Accessorize, Accessorize, Accessorize – Investing in a range of key accessories is also a way of creating a new look to your wardrobe, without spending a fortune. A statement piece of jewellery, such as a necklace, can make a massive difference to an appearance and can draw an instant ‘wow’ factor or say ‘sexy slut’, dependent on the look you’re ultimately after.
- It’s for charity – Swallow your pride girl, charity shops, garage sales and jumble sales can hold the key to a clothing bargain. Careful scouting can often unearth designer labels and vintage pieces with a price tag that doesn’t break the bank. Lead the way….
- A sissy clothes swapping party – A good opportunity for a natter can also bring you a fresh new look for the oncoming season. A rewarding method is to meet with a group of sissy friends with two or three different items you all wish to swap and make it an occasion – pour out the wine or have a fun time over a cup of coffee. Finding such like minded girlish friends needn’t be a challenge as here within the House we have a wonderful community of like minded girls who are only too eager to swap their smalls.
- Doh! – When buying your sissy clothes it’s recommended that you look at the wash care labels. I’m sure you do this already when washing your Mistresses dedicates but we hear countless stories of sissies unable to remove tiresome stains simply because they didn’t read the label.
- Care – The best piece of sissy advice is to look after those garments. Hang, store and wash carefully and they will last and look good for much longer.
Know any others? Please comment!